Are You Making Money Online?
Would you like to make more?
Hi, everybody. It’s Grant from OEFF (Online Education For Financial Freedom) with another post to help you gain more knowledge on how to succeed with an online business.
In this blog I’m going to review three You Tube videos that talk about how to make more money online. My hope is that after learning what these videos have to say and watching them yourself, you will have increased your knowledge base on the subject of online business, and increased your chances to make more money.
So, lets get to it.
Video #1 is called:
Social Media Marketing Tips: How To Post On Social Media To Make More Sales
This video is brand new as of this post. It was posted to You Tube on February 21, 2020, and was produced by Adam Erhart. I’m a subscriber to his channel and find his videos informative and entertaining.
Adam offers 7 tips for social media posting in this video.
Tip #1: Pick the right platform. With all the social media platforms available today, you can spread yourself pretty thin if you try to post on them all. Pick one.
Use some judgment when you do. You don’t want to waste your time posting on a social media platform that your target audience doesn’t use much. Find out where your market is. Adam lists his top four: Facebook, Instagram, LInkedin, and You Tube.
Tip #2: Make your content target your customer’s “pain points.” By this Adam is talking about focusing on their “MIRACLES” and their “MISERIES.” By miracles, he means their aspirations, by miseries he means their fears.
Tip #3: Make yourself useful. Create good, relevant content.
- Seek to educate
- Seek to entertain
- Seek to do both
When you write a blog post, try to be as empathetic as you can. Try to answer the question that’s uppermost in your customer’s mind: “What’s in it for me?”
Tip #4: Don’t scratch the itch completely. Give good information, but don’t overwhelm your reader with your expertise. Remember that your reader isn’t on the same plane of knowledge as you are on the subject you are writing about.
Give them enough to get them to come back for more.
Tip #5: You have to give to get. Remember that you are using social media. Think about why people use social media. They want to connect with people, see things, make friends, things like that. People rarely open their social media accounts with their credit card ready, wanting to purchase something.
They go to a search engine for that.
That’s why, while you’re posting on social media, you should give them something of value without making a sales pitch for your product about 3 out of 4 times. Don’t expect to get something in return for your value.
Tip #6: Frequency = Trust. Basically, try to do more. Less is not more. More is more. Post frequently. The more people see your posts the more they will feel trust for what you say.
Tip #7: Organic VS Paid. Use organic social media to post all your “value” information. Use paid ads to make your product offers.
There you have it for the first video, which you can now watch if you’d like. It’s about 13 minutes long.
Now for video #2.
How Anyone Can Make More Money Online
This is a Brendan Mace video, also published on February 21, 2020. It’s only about 7 minutes long.
Brendan starts off displaying a deck of cards, and talks about playing poker. He explains that when playing poker, most players focus on their own hand, which I’m sure most of us do.
Then he talks about how you should be thinking about your opponent’s hand more than you think about your own, because their hand might beat yours.
So, what does this have to do with making money on the internet?
You should think about what your customer is looking for and how you can make your offer more appealing to that customer than just thinking about what you want to say in your post.
Try to tailor your approach to your customers and find ways to offer more perceived value to them.
Short video, short review. Here’s the video:
Last but not least, video #3:
Make Money Blogging (How We Built A $100,000/mo Blog. 10 Steps For 2019.
Published April 24, 2019 by Create and Go.
This video is the longest one of the bunch, a little over 30 minutes in length.
Still, it’s a good video and offers a comprehensive (sort of) package on how to start and monetize a blog. It’s a little oversimplified, but what do you expect for a 30 minute video?
Here are the 10 steps.
1. Start the right way. Well, yeah. We all want to do that. Sorry. I was getting flippant there. I’ll quit. To start the right way you need to choose the right niche, defined as something you want to learn about and become an expert in, or as something you already know about and are an expert in.
2. Make your blog sexy through blog design. Yes, he actually said that. Sexy. What he means is choose an appealing theme, and optimize for mobile devices, among other things.
3. Create content that people need. Use keyword research and follow the 80/20 rule:
- blog 80% on what people are looking for
- blog 20% on what YOU want to say
4. Getting traffic. The #1 tip offered here is to start with one traffic source. There are many sources of traffic, and he mentions Facebook, Instagram, Google, You Tube, and PInterest. Choose one and make it successful before adding another.
5. Build a subscription fan club. He’s talking about building an email list here. There are 3 parts to an email campaign:
- Lead magnet, to get people interested
- Opt-ins, free stuff to get them to sign up
- Automated email sequences
6. Five ways to make money. Now we’re getting to the good part.
- Ads (PPC and sponsored content)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Sell your own digital products
- Sell physical products
- Sell services
7. Start with ads and sponsored posts. My notes ended there, but the video explains it better anyway.
8. Progress in and master affiliate marketing. Join Amazon Affiliates as an example. It fits almost every niche.
9. Create your own products and services. You can make more money selling your own products that someone else’s.
10. Scale and optimize. Once your blog is successful, you can add testimonials to garner more trust and more sales. Also, you can improve page speed and adjust your sales funnels to optimize sales.
As I said, this is the longest video, but it’s well done and entertaining, and has great information. It’s designed to get you to sign up for their training, but nothing says you have to do that to get some good information out of it.
Here it is:
All three videos have value.
The Best Way To Get Started
For me, the best way to start your own online business is to get educated, and the best place to do that in my opinion is a website called Wealthy Affiliate. It offers comprehensive training in choosing your niche, setting up your website, and attracting customers to your blog.
And, as I said, it’s FREE to start. No credit card information required. Just fill out a short sign-up form, add a profile, and get going. Ten lessons later you can either stop there or upgrade, it’s up to you.
You owe it to yourself to take the plunge, if you’re serious about making good money online. Sign up today!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase from one of those links, I will earn a commission. Feel free to leave me a comment if you’d like.