What does a work from home call center representative do?
The answer to that question depends on which company hires you. Most reps take incoming calls from customers and solve problems for them. Some make outbound calls as telemarketers.
As I said, though, most work from home customer service representatives are hired and trained by a company to handle issues from their customers, so training would be specific to that company. Usually such things as handling returns, setting up service calls, answering questions about products, and such are what the customer service representative does. Here’s an example of a call center position:
What Are The Requirements For This Type Of job?
I’m only going to provide an overview here, and include the generic requirements that most companies that hire work from home call center reps generally require. They include:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18
- Be authorized to work in the United States (or the country in which you reside)
- Be proficient with technologies and applications on hand held devices and on other multi-media platforms
- Be computer literate, knowledgeable in current business-related software
- Be keyboard proficient
- Have strong customer service skills and have a pleasant, professional phone demeanor
- Have strong communication skills
- Have the ability to learn changing job-related policies and procedures
- Be adaptable to company work procedures
- Have excellent reliability
- Be flexible with work hours, and be able to work all days and all hours, including holidays and weekends.
What about training?
If you pass the hiring process with the company you’ve applied with, they will provide the training you need for your new job. Training can vary from a couple of weeks to 2 or 3 months, depending on the company.
What does a work from home call center rep earn?
That also depends on the company that hires you, your skill level, and the hours that you are scheduled to work, but according to Glassdoor.com, the national average salary for a work from home call center representative is $30,615. The range is from $24,000 to $40,000.
You can google “work from home call center rep” and you will find pages of opportunities. Start from there and apply to the ones that interest you. There are hundreds of companies, from airlines to banks to insurance companies and more that use cal center reps that work from their own homes.
If this is for you, go for it and Good Luck!
If you want to work for yourself online, consider affiliate marketing.
Being your own boss isn’t for everyone, and some don’t have or want to put in the time required to build your own business online, but here are some things to consider:
- Independence – you are in charge, you decide the direction of your businesss, and your work hours
- Passive income – earn while you sleep
- Greater income – you’re not limited by the company you work for
- You make the decisions
- You can use your creativity to your advantage
Affiliate marketing has the advantage that you can market established products for established companies and be paid a commission on the sales that you generate. You don’t have to carry inventory or ship products.
Most affiliate marketers use a blog to present the products that they have an affiliate agreement to market. If you think you have good writing skills and want to express yourself online, and earn some good money while you do, then affiliate marketing just might be for you.
If you’d like to find out for yourself if this business model is what you’re looking for, you can do it for FREE! The best training platform for affiliate marketing on the internet, bar none, is called Wealthy Affiliate. They have a FREE Starter program that includes 2 free websites and 10 free lessons to get you going.
Even more, you get your first week at the unlimited Premium level so you can see if you want to upgrade at a later time. Or, at an earlier time for some of us.
It costs you nothing to check it out. It really is FREE! You don’t have to list a credit card to get the free program then have to cancel it to avoid paying for premium. You sign up for free, and can remain in the free program for as long as you want. It’s up to you.
Here’s my review of Wealthy Affiliate.
Thanks for reading and have a great day! Please leave a comment if you’d like.